Since 1975, the U.S. Air Force has been holding large scale training exercises called Red Flag at Nellis Air Force Base in Nevada. These exercises pit a Blue Force against an opposing Red Force which has “Aggressor” units equipped with F-16C Block 32 and 42 to simulate MiG and Sukhoi fighters. Similary, the U.S. Navy’s “Adversary” units used the purpose-built F-16N, which were based on the F-16C Block 30 in their own famous TOPGUN school at Miramar in California. These “Aggressor/Adversary” aircraft often had colorful camouflage schemes.
About the Model
- This kit includes the parts needed to construct either the F-16C Block 30, Block 32, Block 42, or F-16N aircraft used by ASAF Aggressor and USN Adversary squadrons.
- 2 types of main landing gear, air intake, and engine nozzle are included.
- Brand new parts depicting ACMI pods (2), sensors on the airtake, and, for the first time ever, an AN/ALQ-188 Jamming Pod, all of which ar found on Aggressor/Adversary F-16s.
- New parts are also included to depict F-16A wheels, which were present on F-16N and early F-16C Block 30 aircraft.
- 4 types of markings, including 2-tone and 3-tone camouflage patterns are planned.