1/48 Grumman FM-1 Wildcat/Martlet plastbyggesett.
Informasjon på engelsk:
Based upon our popular 1/48 Grumman F4F-4 Wildcat (Item 61034), this kit authentically recreates the FM-1 featuring four machine guns with both the U.S. Navy and Royal Navy markings and one sitting pilot figure.
The deployment of the Grumman F4F-3 Wildcat, which was one of the main U.S. Navy carrier-based fighter, started in 1940, and in 1942, the F4F-4 was introduced into service. This aircraft employed a foldable wing for efficient use on flight decks while 12.7mm machine guns were increased from four to six. With its bulletproofing, rigid fuselage and its pilots’ tactics, the F4F-F was more than equal to the Zero fighter. Although the F4F-F gave its position to aircraft equipped with 2,000hp-class engine such as the F6F Hellcat and F4U Corsair after WWII onward, this aircraft, which was suitable for use on small flight decks, constructed its presence as the aircraft to be deployed on escort carrier and to enhance air force. While the Grumman focused on the F6F production, Eastern Air Lines took over the production of the F4F-4 variant which was called as the FM and its first production variant FM-1 was mostly the same as the F4F-4 except for decreased (from six to four) machine guns. The Wildcat was introduced to the Royal Navy and was known as the Martlet (fictitious bird often seen in the English coats of arms). This aircraft continued to see action as anti-submarine patrol and convoy escort until the end of war.
• 1/48 scale plastic model assembly kit. Fuselage length: 184mm.
• The kit faithfully depicts the wing equipped with four machine guns; parts depict wing top surface without machine gun access door and wing under surface without cartridge exhaust port and with enlarged magazine panel.
• Includes a new rear-view mirror part to recreate the Marlet Mk.V of the Royal Navy.
• Features realistic renderings of fuselage surfaces with panel lines and rivets.
• The complex structure around the main landing gear is realistically recreated.
• Comes with decals to depict 3 marking options: 846th Fighter Squadron, Royal Navy, HMS Tracker (D24), Normandy, June 1944 (*), 58th Mixed Fighter Squadron, U.S. Navy, USS Guadalcanal (CVE-60), North Atlantic, January 1944, 33rd Mixed Fighter Squadron, U.S. Navy, USS Nassau (CVE-16), California Coast , September 1943
• *Invasion stripe: black and white stripe paints on the fuselage and wing of the Allied forces’ aircraft to identify allies during the Normandy Landings
• Masking stickers for the canopy, one sitting pilot figure and black-and-white painting guide are included.